Coincidence Theory’s debut album. The minimalist, lo-fi recordings of lyrical, melodic songs crisscross multiple genres — singer/songwriter, acoustic, folk, alt-country, rock, pop — and evoke longing, reflection, and hope.
The EP features five original tracks:
- By the Maples (3 a.m. version)
- And So… (acoustic version)
- ’Til I See You Again (solo acoustic version)
- Pacific-Bound (horizon version)
- Unexpected Bookmarker (unexpected version)
Self-released on Bewildered Tourist, June 2006.
All songs written, performed, and produced by Coincidence Theory; published by Bewildered Tourist (ASCAP).
Total running time: approximately 18 minutes.
As noted on the home page:
- For folks who prefer CDs, CD Baby has officially-sanctioned CDs, with full liner notes/artwork containing credits and lyrics to all of the songs.
- Please note that the CDs offered directly from Amazon are manufactured on-demand, have not been reviewed by CT and may not include the liner notes with credits or lyrics.
Notes From CT
The songs of Last Nights & Tomorrows were written and recorded at various points from late 2001 all the way to early 2006 — about four years and a half years. During this time, I played and arranged the music in a few different ways — these recordings for the EP are what I call my “minimalist arrangements.” For each track, I wanted to focus on the core of the song itself and try to convey an integrity without resorting to a lot of instrumentation or effects.
Thanks to everyone who kept asking me when I’d put out a record, all the people who helped along the way, and to you for your interest.